Monday, November 10, 2008

Still In the Dark pt. 2

I have an older brother, who is four years older than I am, and if you’ve seen my profile picture on face book, then you’ve seen my brother James. James lost his sight, and could not see. He was completely blind, and his expressed to me, his frustrations about becoming blind.  When the incident occurred that caused his blindness, he said, ”everything went dark.”

I remember to this day the statement to follow, “Darryl one of the worst things in life is to have had the ability to see, and then lose it.” This resonates in so many ways to life.

John 1:5 says the darkness has not understood the light. The goal of darkness is not to understand the light, the goal of darkness to become so dark that people are blind. When it grows so dark, that you cannot see where you are going, look for light. If life begins to lose its color, and you feel yourself gradually losing your sight, find the light. When you find yourself being led by someone who is blind (the blind leading the blind), call on the one True light!

Like my big brother said, “one of the worst things to happen in life, is to have had the ability to see, only to lose it.”

1 comment:

USA Pray said...

Good stuff. So true, people can loose their salvation...problem is...they don't know it!